How to make your husband smile, from ehow.com:
- Step 1 Show enthusiasm in the presence of your husband. Even if you have only a few moments on a busy day to be with him, make sure he knows you cherish those few moments.
- Step 2 Don't criticize or nag. Focus on your husband's good qualities. He's not perfect, but neither are you. Look at him with your heart and compliment his good qualities. Remember how you felt when you first fell in love.
- Step 3 Listen attentively, even when he talks about things you don't understand or tells jokes that aren't all that funny. If you don't understand what he's talking about such as car parts or the latest football game, ask a few questions. You'll be showing genuine interest and may learn something in the process.
- Step 4 Give your husband space. Everyone needs their own personal space at times. This isn't a personal attack toward you. He'll appreciate your patience and understanding.
- Step 5 Cook your husband's favorite meal. As they say, "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach". This often holds true and seeing you took the time to cook his favorite meal will certainly make him smile.
- Step 6 Be loyal and honest. Never give your husband reason to doubt you or your loyalty. Knowing you are his best friend who he can turn to and are always honest, is one of the best gifts you can give him.